Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekend of happy goodness

Our internet was out this weekend, which was a big bummer, but I'll do my best to recap.

Saturday, Nani and Sona visited Eli's swim class. This week was my week to swim with Eli. He was so different from the last time I swam with him! Every week we do the same stuff...we sing the welcome song, get in the tubes and go through the tunnel, do sit jumps from the wall, then free time, then walk across the mat, then go down the slide, and finally, sing our goodbye song. Previously, when we would do our sit jumps from the side of the pool, Franz or I would sit him on the ledge, all the while holding him when dunking him in the water. This week, I let him sit without holding him. Eli then took it upon himself to jump in, and I would catch him when he was under the water. After he surfaced, he would turn around and swim (sort of. He kicks and splashes, but is unable to keep himself up, but its still pretty impressive) back to the wall to do it all over again. We did this over ten times during free time. We had to take a bit of a break after a while because he took in a lot of water, which he politely waited to let resurface in the changing room so everyone didn't have to swim around in barf. What a guy.

After swimming, Sona, Nani, Franz, Eli and I went for a walk. We met up again with the little boy in the previous pictures, who was now swinging on a tree swing wearing a Darth Vader costume. Though we had just seen him the day before, he had no idea who we were. But this didn't stop him from telling us where he and his friend lived and inviting us to see him the next day. I love this kid.

Sunday was nice. Franz and I took Eli to a beach in Pescadero. This was the first time Eli had ever really been to the beach. Franz would make little sand piles and it was Eli's goal in life to destroy them. And a good little destroyer he was. To top it all off, Eli only ate one handful of sand. We were so proud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eli Dill the next brave adventurer.