Friday, April 07, 2006

We needed a day like this!


Eli's reaction to the fireplace
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
Today was the most relaxed day we've had all week. This morning, before the rain attacked us again, Franz, Eli, Sona, and I took a walk through one of the local neighborhoods. The highlight, at least for me, was seeing a very very fat pony wanting to play with us. His pasture was on the corner lot, and he followed us wherever we went. I could just tell he loved me. I so badly want to become friends with the people who own said pony and hang out with him all day. I think Eli would love it. Well, I hope he would because we'd hang out with our chubby pony if he liked it or not.

We also stopped at a little park, and Eli again played on the swings, the slide, and had a BLAST jumping on the suspension bridge.

Later in the day, Eli and I met up with Kim (and as a pleasant suprise, got to hang out with Lori!) at Starbucks. Eli gave Kim a big hug, and Kim had this look of shock, like if she were to move, Eli's eyes would shoot lasers and melt her face off (she also gets this same look every time Mister sits next to her on the couch). Upon seeing this, my heart melted, until I realized that Eli was just trying to grab the mugs off the shelf that was directly behind her. Sorry Kim. Its rare that I get a hug that isn't immeadiately followed by him trying to take a bite out of my shoulder.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, for a moment my heart melted as well, and I didn't want to move and break whatever magical spell had come over Eli. Apparently that magical spell was Starbucks mugs. At least I didn't get a shoulder bite!

Anonymous said...

whoops...somehow i messed up and it posted without my name. it's me. obviously.

Anonymous said...

Aw hes just so cute.

Anonymous said...

Ma get the sticks and the weenies out. Time for a roast!!!