If there were a baby jail, Eli would be under maximum security. He is being a big ole pain in the butt! He will not sleep. Usually his bedtime is between 7:00 and 7:30. Last night, he FINALLY went to sleep at 9:00. He WAS sleeping through the night for the most part for a few glorious weeks, but for the past several nights, he has been waking up a bunch and not going back to sleep (hence the bitterness of this post...).And napping? Ha! To get him to nap is like wrestling an allegator, except I can't do that cool trick of putting duct tape over his snout and covering his head in a burlap sack to calm him down. I think the problem is that he doesn't realize that just because he CAN crawl around and play in his crib doesn't mean he SHOULD.
Because of the sleeping issue, he's a little more cranky than usual during the day, which is also fun. I don't know what this is, but its making me CRAZY. I was told that once he started crawling he would poop himself out and sleep better. WRONG. Now all he wants to do is crawl! Even when he's trying to rub his eyes out of their sockets, he's still on the go. Its like he's possessed, and is afraid that if he stops moving, that all his toys will explode.
During the composition of this post, I've had to go up to Eli's room to try and get him to go to sleep FIVE TIMES. Every time I go up there, he grins at me, with the belief that charming me will make me forget that his eyes are all puffy and heavy and that I will finally come to my senses and realize that naps are for sissies and this boy ain't no sissy.
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Take heart Jen babies have been playing this trick on Moms for centuries. He will catch on one day in the meantime just keep your composure.
I can personally verify for Jen that Eli was being a little crabapple today. Adorable as usual, but definitely grumpy. Hope he sleeps better tonight!
He needs his private telly, so he can watch the muppets..
I don't think a television is what Jen would want in his room. Eli just has to learn that when it's naptime, it's naptime. Just keep your chin up Jen you will find a way.
Post a Comment