After the doctor's visit and after Eli FINALLY took a nap, we went for a walk with our friend Kristin and her two dogs on the swing trail in town. We plowed our way through the mud (my shoes and the tires of Eli's jogger are wrecked!) and Eli seemed to really enjoy the bumpy ride.
Towards the end of the walk, we stopped by Kristin's mother's place. She's renting an adorable little cottage that shares a yard with two other houses. In one of the house, lives James, a boy of about five or six and his older sister who's name I failed to catch.
Anyway...in their yard is a large gravel pile with a bunch of James' Tonka Trucks strewn all over the place. I thought it would be a cute picture to put Eli on top of the mound, not thinking that he would enjoy anything besides the rocks. I was wrong. He found one of the trucks and started playing with it, and upon seeing this, James immeadiately came over to show Eli how everything worked.
I couldn't believe how cute James was with Eli. He picked up this little car that when squeezed, made, um, you know, car noises. Eli seemed to like that one quite a bit. James tried showing him other stuff...like rocks, and every once in a while, he would softly touch Eli's head or hand. And then he would go pick up his toy gun and shoot at imaginary stuff that needed a good shooting.
Eli took in everything James showed him. He didn't smile or really play with him, but he sure did study everything he did. I could tell Eli really liked him because he didn't look over at me once. Its sappy, but I was for some reason, really proud of him.
Friday, April 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Need to buy the boy an ATV with a front loader!
I'm glad he had fun!
Post a Comment