Sunday, April 02, 2006

Right before the storm...


Tubing
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
I thought it wasn't supposed to rain today. Apparently, I was wrong. But before the rain hurried us inside, Franz, Eli, and I went to the park. Eli put up with the swings, played for a bit in the tube, and was scared at first, but then came to enjoy the slides. But, as at the zoo, Eli most enjoyed watching the other kids.

We were only at the park for, oh, I'd say about fifteen minutes or so before it started raining, which was perfect because it turns out that fifteen minutes is all Eli can stand being at the park. He didn't throw a big fit or anything, but we could tell that if we didn't leave soon, that heads were going to roll. That's the beauty of having a 10 month old: we've finally learned to read him to prevent any beheadings.

After the park, we went to Cold Stone. As most of you know, I'm allergic to milk, so its all sorbet for me. Thank god they had the lemon sorbet, which is quite tasty, because the rasberry sorbet tastes like cough syrup. I gave Eli a bite of mine, and he hated it. I thought that the cold freaked him out a little, but then my theory was blown to pieces when Franz gave him a bite of his German chocolate ice cream, and Eli wanted more. At first, I was a little insulted, but really, can you blame the kid? Real ice cream is so much better. I'm happy to report that Eli doesn't seem to share my affliction, so he'll be able to enjoy ice cream just like a normal person, unlike his freak of a mother.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys are the coolest parents. for reals.
what size shirt does he wear? i made some anti-yo transfers so i can make him a shirt.

Anonymous said...

Tubing, the next baby sport. What a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Going down the tubes?

Anonymous said...

No way he's going through.