Well, I've been talking about it for quite some time now, and today, we finally got Eli's hair cut. Everyone told me he would look older, but they didn't mention that he would look like he'd be ready for kindergarden! Look at him! I can't believe the difference!
He handled the situation pretty well. The hair dresser got him in the chair just fine...had no problem putting the smock on him, and he didn't even mind having his hair cut with the sissors. But, as all good things come to an end, so did his patients when she whipped out the shears. That pretty much sent him over the edge. I was sort of suprised by it, as they were so quiet. I guess what bothered him most was the vibrations, because when she turned those puppies on, he sure did scream. And what did I do? I did what any good mother would do: I took pictures.
I called Franz afterwards, and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Does it make him look ugly?" and I replied, "Even with a bad haircut, Eli could NEVER look ugly. So no, it does not make him look ugly. Just a little more chubby."
For the record, the main reason I had Eli's hair cut was because it was bothering him. A lot. He was rubbing his eyes, and usually that means he's tired and I react by putting him to bed, except he wasn't tired; he just had hair in his eyes. This caused quite a bit of frustration for both of us, as I was expecting him to sleep shortly after he rubs his eyes and he was expecting me not to put him to bed all the time. He was also rubbing his ears a ton, which made me think that he had an ear infection, but would stop rubbing them if I put his hair behind his ears. So this was more for Eli than it was for me. But I have to say, he does look pretty darn spiffy.
Friday, April 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh my gosh, he really does look older!! That is so weird!!! Adorable!
Ummmm, sweetheart... Where'd our baby go?
Where is the boys beard?
Good for you Jen you handled it all well. Eli will get used to having his hair cut one day, at least he did not kick and screem like my other cousins did, when they got their haircut for the first time.
Post a Comment