Sunday, May 21, 2006

Well rounded


More child abuse...
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
I got a phone call from Grandpa Dill this morning reminding me that I haven't posted any pictures or updated the website. Sorry. I'll try not to let it happen again.

Eli went swimming yesterday, and as usual, had a blast. After swimming, we went to lunch with Auntie Sona at Tres Amigos. Boy does that kid LOVE beans and cheese. And we got to hear about it later, if you know what I mean. We all were pretty entertained by it. And you know what? That will never not be funny. Ever.

We were going to visit Nani and Grandpa, but Eli decided to take a long nap, so by the time he woke up, it was too late to go. We were all bummed about that, so to make it up to Eli, we went to the park for a little while. He loves the swing, which was always my favorite thing at the park. We pushed him in the swing for quite some time, and then because we wanted him to have a well rounded park experience, we went with him down the slide and played with the digger thingy. Eli was entertained by these things, but when Franz let him lead the way, he went straight back to the swing. I was so proud.

On a sadder note, one of our friends, who has been sick with cancer, isn't doing very well. Franz and I visited him last night, and that experience made me so thankful for the life that I have now. I complain about how hard it is raising Eli, but that beautiful, amazing little boy has made my life so rich. Brian, we wish you all the best. Be strong. We love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He needs the monkey bars!

Anonymous said...

Eli likes to swing and he was happy to be with his Aunt Sona as well. Glad you all had such a good time and hope your friend stays in strong spirits. P.S. What is a digger thingy? Also will you please tell your husband to check his e-mail once in a while. I sent something to him for Jen but I forgot Jens e-mail address sorry about that.