Saturday, May 06, 2006

And that's the truth


And that's the truth
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
The whole family is over and done with the death flu, but Eli is getting more teeth, which has been bugging him more so now than in the past. We just got him sleeping through the night, but that was short lived due to him getting sick and his new teeth. It was nice sleeping for those two weeks though.

Eli's been doing some pretty cool stuff, so I thought I'd throw out another list of Eli-isms.

1. He'll do a sort of call and response with us, but only with "Hey" but the way he does it sounds like he's been watching one too many episodes of Happy Days. Every time he does it, Franz and I can't resist laughing. It never gets old. Ever.

2. He now blows bubbles in the bath. Its a bit of a relief, because now when he falls face first in the tub (it happens more than we would like), he blows bubbles instead of choking on water. However, when he falls backwards, he goes down with a big smile on his face just before he chokes. I can't tell you how much that freaks me out.

3. He can FINALLY sit up by himself. He doesn't do it often, as he prefers us to cater to him in that regard, but when he sees something that he wants, he'll do it when he thinks we're not watching.

4. He now doesn't like to wear hats. Kim made him this awesome hat that looks like candy corn, but Eli won't wear it to save his life. The second it goes on his head, he pulls it off. Before, I was so proud that he would wear hats, and now I can't say that anymore.

5. Every day, he enjoys his sand box more and more. Well, I don't think its the sand he likes, its just the toys. But that's fine with me. He loves to take his little red bucket and swing it around. Suprisingly, he has yet to hit himself in the face with it.

6. There are two things that never fail to catch his attention: clocks and fans. Franz and I can ask him, "Eli, where's the fan/clock?" and he looks for them in their respective places. Its so cute.

7. He has upgraded his crawling to his hands and knees. Gone are the days of the army schooch. He's not too quick yet, but he'll get there.

8. He's gotten too heavy for his jumper, but that doesn't stop him from having fun (or me from stuffing him into it when I need to take a shower). Instead of jumping, Eli likes to spin. He gets on one foot, and uses the other to propell himself around and around, all the while leaning back and looking up. It makes me want to throw up just looking at him. After the first time I saw him do that, I told Franz that it would be his responsibility to go with Eli on the Gravitron at the county fair. Franz didn't know what the Gravitron was, so that made it even easier to convince him that this was his duty. For those of you who don't know what the Gravitron is, it's a ride in the shape of a space ship that spins so fast that all the people inside stick to the walls without a harness of any kind. That sucker spins so fast, that if one wanted to, they could slowly twist themselves upside down and STILL stick to the wall without falling. I am proud to say that I've done that, which makes me exempt from doing it again. Ever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you were one of those cool kids that could turn upsidedown...I was so jealous of those kids!! I was just stuck to the wall!! Definitely a Franz duty...that would make me puke now! Although I distinctly remember my parents NOT going on with us!

Anonymous said...

i'm also in the upside-down gravitron club. i'm glad you guys are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I never did like that thing it went way to fast for me. I like the tilt-a-whirls better.

Anonymous said...

I like Ground Nukes. Give ya a hat with a big spring on the end. Drop you to look for the bounce.