So much has happened! No, he isn't walking yet and he hasn't called me Mama or anything major like that, but the past few days have been pretty busy.
Wednesday, Galen and Julie came over. This was the first time that they had been to our house, and I can't tell you what a difference it is having Eli around people when he's in a familiar place. When Eli and Galen have hung out before, they were either on a walk, or at a park, or at Galen's house, where Eli spent all of his energy taking all the new stuff in rather than paying attention to Galen. But on Wednesday, Eli had a blast sharing his toys and watching Galen walk around like it was nothing. Eli also showed signs of, "hey, that toy that I haven't played with in over two months is now the most interesting thing in the world when its in someone else's hands". Though the poor little guy couldn't do much about it because when Eli tried to get the toy Galen was playing with, Galen had the upper hand of just being able to walk away with it. I thought that this would really piss Eli off, but he didn't seem to care too much. I think he was just glad to have someone his age around. I'm really hoping that they can hang out more often.
Yesterday, we celebrated Kim's birthday by going out to lunch and going to Color Me Mine, a place where you can paint ceramics. Eli was good through lunch...but kind of freaked out at the ceramic place. Though they did have celing fans, which kept him quiet for an extra forty seconds, and that was nice. They had a million things that we wanted to paint for Eli, but because he was in a mood, we couldn't. We did manage to get his foot prints though, and boy did he hate that. It was like we were ripping out his toe nails...he's a little dramatic. I think he gets that from Franz.
For Kim's birthday, I also made her cupcakes. But, I only had enough frosting for two cupcakes, so I only gave her two (who want's cupcakes withoug frosting?) and kept the remaining bald cupcakes. I mention this because after I gave Eli dinner, I decided to give him two little bites of bald cupcake. He ate the two bites, but didn't seem interested in having any more, which was good, because I was afraid that if he had too much, he wouldn't go to sleep. What I didn't know was that the damage had already been done. It was like that boy had done twenty lines of speed. He wouldn't go to sleep to save his life, so I finally gave up after forty five minutes of him screaming in his crib, and brought him downstairs. At this point Franz was home, so he got to watch the madness too. Franz was playing his guitar, and Eli spent fifteen minutes (this is FOREVER for a baby) crawling back and forth between the empty bowls of cat food and the guitar. He would crawl to the guitar, pluck at it once or twice, then make a bee line to the cat food in hopes that we had refilled it so he could dump it all over the place, only to find the bowls empty and go back to the guitar again. From all of this, Franz and I have decided that Eli will have to eat his birthday cake early in the day or else we might have to give him elephant tranquilizers to get him to go to sleep.
Friday, May 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thank you so much for birthday fun time, it was so great and sweet!! Thankfully Eli won't remember you telling him that he was ruining my birthday by screaming through the entire ceramics painting process!! Love you guys, hugs and kisses!! Thank you so much!!
What a cutie! He just wanted to play with the cat food. Don't worry all babies do some of the most weird things. When he gets older you can just use this story sometime to embarass him with it. Happy Mothers Day Jen.
Need some Java, with a straw.
Happy Mom's day ,Jen!Your card will be late! Hi Marilyn!
Post a Comment