Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy First Birthday Eli!

Holy cow. Eli is a year old. Can you believe it? Me neither!

Today, Nani and Grandpa came over to have a little birthday party. Eli opened up his presents (well, I opened them while he banged on the boxes) and played with every one of them. Sona bought Eli a little blow up pool, and since today was so nice, we got to utilize it. Summer loved splashing around and Eli loved spilling the water and playing in the mud he made. And this time, Summer didn't poop, so that was an improvement.

I baked a cake for Eli, which he DESTROYED. Wait. Let me back up. At first, he was disappointed with the cake because when he saw the candle he thought that the fire was his real present. He looked at it like, "Yes. Come to me my sweet. At last you will be mine.". And then we blew it out before he tried to eat the flame, which broke his heart a little bit. So the cake was a runner up, but what a runner up it was. I think more than eating it, he liked to mash it. He made sure that every part of the cake was smashed before he would eat it. I was suprised at how much he ate, and boy did all that sugar do a job on him. He went on a rampage, mainly at Summer's expense. He would crawl past her, and knock her out of the way to steal whatever it was that she was playing with. We decided to put him to bed because he was being such a bully and Franz and I didn't think he would go to sleep. We just wanted to cage him up so he wouldn't cause any further damage, but he konked out.

Our little boy is a year. I swore I wouldn't be one of those parents that freaked out that their baby wasn't a baby anymore, but truth be told, I am a little sad. I don't think I'm sad that he's not a baby anymore because with every day that passes, he gets more and more fun. What's bothering me is how fast its going. I'm just afraid that the next time I turn around, Eli's going to be driving me back to my nursing home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like he wore it instead of eating it I hope Summer is a little bit neater. Don't worry its just a phase Eli thinks everthing is his his.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't be there ! Looks like fun! Hope he enjoys his present ,should be coming in the mail soon.