Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Boo Boo


Look! Its a dead bird!
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
Although we didn't go anywhere, yesterday was fun. Because it was nice, we spent quite a bit of time outside in the sand box. Eli's not at all interested in the sand, but he sure likes spinning the wheels on his sand trucks, which he can do for up to fifteen minutes at a time.

When he was bored with wheel spinning, we decided to go for a little walk. In the front of our yard is the sand box, and, oh, I don't know, say fifty feet (maybe more? Franz, if I'm wrong, please correct me!) away is the fountain, which if I let him, is where Eli would like to spend all of his time. I held Eli by his little hands and let him lead the the way, and without a doubt in his mind, that boy made a bee line straight to the fountain. I was pretty darn impressed; he'd never walked that far before!

It was when we were outside that Eli got his first knee scrape. I don't know when he got it, as he fell quite a bit, but he never cried, and it was only when we were inside that I noticed it. I tkissed his boo boo, cleaned it up, and put on a Seasme Street bandaid. Then I spent the next ten minutes trying to keep Eli from ripping it off, but gave up because with this kid, I must choose my battles wisely. And right now I have to save all my energy for getting him to sleep, which he doesn't like to do anymore. Ever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He needs that pond to take a dip in! Massive waterfalls coming down the hillside will keep him mesmerized.

Anonymous said...

Jen you did good! Mom's face that sort of thing a lot I guess it just comes with the job. (Weather you wanted it or not)

Anonymous said...

Ceiling fans lead to roulette wheels?

Anonymous said...

No way Killlian!!