Yesterday, we went to the park with Galen and Julie, and then went to their house to play a little more. Eli and Galen recognize each other now, which is really cute. Galen walks up to Eli and they kind of touch hands, and then they go in their respective directions. You can tell that they're both really happy to have someone around that's their own age, but not enough to let it get in the way of their plans (Galen's include shoveling sand into dump trucks and Eli's are to lick and spin the wheels of the truck. Not the same truck, of course, that would be a conflict of interest.).
At Galen's house, Galen tried really hard to let Eli play with his toys. Eli grabbed a basketball (and licked it), Galen took it away, but just to prove that he could share, he gave it to me. He was fine with sharing, he just had to be in control of who had what.
After hanging out with them, Eli was pooped. I wouldn't say that he was any more active than he is at home, but I think he focuses so hard on trying to figure out what Galen's doing and that drains his energy. Which is fine with me, because he went down last night without a fight (though he woke up a million times...I don't know what that was about).
I know I've mentioned this before, but Eli's taken to saying "fan" all the time. Well, its more like "FAn" where the "n" is barely noticable. He really likes to say it around Franz. He looks up, and says over and over and over, "fan? fan? fan?" We have to tell him, "Is there a fan? No, no fan." a million times a day. I don't know why he's stuck on fan, hopefully he'll pick up some more words. Please, let him pick up more words.
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Man what a day you must of had at least you wore Eli out (for a while at any rate). Seems like Galen has been a good influence on Eli. Way to go Galen!
P.S. Maybe you can teach him to say mommy and daddy?
Post a Comment