Yesterday we bought a Nikon D70 and are still marveling at its power and greatness. Hopefully, we will take really great pictures, once we learn how to use the darn thing.
Also, as yesterday was Saturday, Eli had swimming and Franz swam with him this week. One of the funniest things happened, and had we video taped it, I'm sure we would have won $10,000 on AFV.
For the first time in months, all the kids were in class (which amounts to six cute little swimmers). The teacher decided she would try something new, and had the class get in a circle, and to the tune "Pop Goes the Weasel" had the parents plunk their kids under water while passing them to the next parent. Now, all of the kids have done the plunking before and they've all gone to someone else before too. The only difference here is that the kids would have to go through six different people to get back to their rightful owner.
When this all started, I was so thankfull that this new addition to class happened on Franz's week, because to be honest, its weird enough holding someone else's kid, let alone shoving them under water.
Anyway...the kids did suprisingly well during the first two passes, not a peep from anyone. Don't get me wrong, some of them looked pretty confused, and I think it was that confusion that held them together for so long.
It was during the third round of "Pop goes the Weasel" that Sophia, a 1 1/2 year old, saw her mother from across the circle, and proceeded to FREAK OUT. Then all hell broke loose. One by one, each kid looked at the person who they were with, realized that, "Hey, you're not my mom/dad, and I hate you" which was followed by screaming bloody murder. At this point, the class was composed of six horrified and probably scarred for life, babies. It took about five minutes for the class to finally calm down, and it was Eli who took the longest, because he likes to stick things out.
It was the funniest thing I have seen in a really really long time, and I'm an avid watcher of AFV, so I know what's funny.
Sunday, March 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I have got to see this !
At least they did not bite nayone!
You SO would have won for the baby screaming scene, and I feel like I, too, am authorized to make that judgement as AFV is now in my Tivo to-do list (shameful...but hilarious.)
Aw look at that cut little face!
I think he's wondering when that camera will wear out.
I think he's wondering when that camera will wear out.
I think he's wondering when that camera will wear out.
Oops left that message three times sorry about that.
Aw what a cutie.
That seems hilarious! I wish you would have gotten a picture of that.
Post a Comment