Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Moments before almost disaster


Look at him using those legs
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
This picture isn't that special, but what happened seconds after the picture was taken is: Eli did a pirouette right on to his little face. I have said that rolling is his only mode of transportation, let me stand corrected; he has also added falling to his repertoire.

Fortunately, I was able to put the camera down (safely, Franz. The camera is ok.) and catch him so that his weight fell on me and not the floor. It has become clear to me that I would have made one hell of an outfielder in baseball.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He wil get used to falling. All part of standing up and walking.

Franz said...

Eli really has no problem faceplanting, none whatsoever. His motto is, "If I can't lean or roll into it... then it's someone else's job to take me to it." He sometimes forgets that leaning = falling.

Anonymous said...

What a guy falls on his face but gets back up again.

Anonymous said...

He has yet to grasp the concept of gravity.