Today, against my wishes, Franz went to work, only to call me a little over an hour after he arrived, to have me come pick him up because he wasn't feeling well enough to drive home.
On the way to Franz's work, Eli and I saw snow on the road. SNOW! In La Honda! I tried to point it out to Eli, but he was more interested in chewing on his foam letter R.
Like yesterday, Eli was really happy to have his dad home. This might be because Franz feels that it is perfectly fine to feed a 9 month old FUNYUNS. I walked into the room to find Eli BEGGING for that yellow and green bag; he had such determination in his eyes, and I knew that the damage had been done.
One of the stipulations of me picking Franz up from work was that Sona and I would have to go back to his work to pick up my car so it wouldn't stay there over the weekend. So, on the way back to Franz's work, Sona and I drove through snow WHILE IT WAS FALLING. In La Honda! I was screaming and pointing at the growing snow pile on my windshield like a dork who'd never seen snow before. I was so happy to have Sona in the car with me to share the joy (it has yet to be determined if Sona enjoyed the experience, as she may have been freaked out by being driven by a screaming lady in the snow). Eli was in the car, and he didn't seem to have much of a reaction to either me or the snow. That foam R really is something.
When Eli and I got home, Franz had built a fire, which is the ultimate pleasure center for Eli. He tries to wiggle himself out of your arms, as if it is his goal in life to get to that fire. Its like spawing salmon, its that instinctual. While Franz was holding Eli, I heard him say, "No Eli. You have to put on your careful gloves. They're not real gloves, they're mental gloves you wear so you don't get hurt." I think Franz has had too many Funyuns. Or pain killers. It could be the pain killers.
After the "mental gloves" incident, we decided that Eli'd had enough excitement for the day, and went upstairs to get him ready for bed. AND THEN IT HAPPENED. I was changing his diaper, and just as I powdered his bottom, the Funyuns kicked in and he farted, and the fart was followed by a small mushroom cloud of baby powder. I had seen this once on AFV, but never thought that my eyes would be blessed with a live viewing. Thank you funyuns, thank you.
Friday, March 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Oh my god, "mental gloves" made me laugh out loud!! I wish I had seen the baby powder fart (although not in my face). If it made me laugh that much on AFV, real life has got to be amazing!! So cool that you got to see snow!!
Well,guess I know who'll be my next helper with the trash burning weenie roast gathering .Seems Eli will be a natural.
Give that boy a pipe and smoking jacket. A real Hefner in the works.
How cool you saw snow! I saw snow, ice, and sleet a few weeks ago. It made life a bit difficult but the roads were okay. I hope Sona was not too freaked out with Jen yelling all the way, at least Eli was fine, his mind was on other stuff. The only thing I have seen today is rain which is nice to see (since we have been without it for so long) but we need lots more. Tell Franz to get better soon and if he tries to go to work like that again tie him down.
The concept of mental gloves really worked at the time, though a bit strange. Naw, who am I kidding... what the heck was I talking about? I plead temporary insanity.
Beth, you're right. I should have been tied down yesterday. After I got to work I quickly realized I had no business being there.
Eli needs to go camping in the great outdoors. You can startt by using the hot tub area above. He needs a horse real soon.
Thank you Franz.
Furthermore Eli does not need a horse yet he is too young.
Next time tell Jen to use stronger rope on you.
Post a Comment