Thursday, June 22, 2006

What seems like a million trillion years ago


Mom and Son
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
This was taken almost a year ago. I cannot believe how much he's grown since then; he looks nothing like that sweet, calm, dark haired little beauty. And look at him sleeping in my arms. That doesn't happen anymore. He actually is pretty much over taking naps right now. I'm really enjoying looking at this picture of him sleeping, he's so quiet and not screaming or trying to chew his way out of his crib. I wish he would sleep now right now.

I do have to admit that his constant napping and the ability to sleep in my arms are about the only things that I miss about that age. Even though right now Eli is testing my will not to throw myself off the roof, he's so much fun at this stage. He's starting to really understand what's going on around him. For example, the other day, we were sitting in the living room playing. Eli started looking restless, and so I asked him if he wanted to go outside and swing, and his reaction was to look towards the swing, and he started crawling to the door. I was blown away. So even though he's having a really hard time napping and it is making me want to pull out all of my newly cut hair, I am enjoying him more now than ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you are doing a great job you got through one year of Eli. Just wait until the terrible twos kick in you will want a straight jacket then or roller skates.