Thursday, June 29, 2006

Two steps forward, one step back...


Backside view
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
The whole sleeping thing, as a whole, is going really well. Since I've started "training" him, I've only had to get up once at night, which makes us both better people during the day. Nap time is another story. Very hit and miss. Right now is a miss.

Eli has been great. He now really likes chasing an orange ball around the house. I guess the World Cup has rubbed off on him too.

Yesterday, Eli did the sweetest thing ever. I was getting him dressed, and typically, when I get him dressed, I sing to him to distract him from the fact that he's getting dressed. Sometimes, when I take a shower and Eli's in the jumper, I do my best Pavarotti impression, and this usually makes him giggle. Well, I tried this out on him while I was changing him, and he stopped immataing an alligator doing a death roll, stood up, put his head on my shoulder, and gave me a hug for almost a minute. I, of course, stopped singing, and stood there stunned. He's never done this before. And then I realized that the only reason he was doing it was to get me to stop singing like an overweight Italian tenor. That boy is so damn smart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad I guess you just liked it so much that you decided to use it again. Anyway you can show it to him when he is older and embarass him with it somehow.

Saw Superman Returns yesterday and it was pretty good. I was not expecting Brandon Routh to be like the late Christopher Reeve but he held his own really well. it gets my vote. Love Beth