Eli has a gazillion toys, but its the wheels on his stroller that he dedicates the bulk of his time to. Eli was fussy yesterday because of the shots, so we did anything we could to entertain him. Sona came up with this set up while I was at the gym. She's brilliant.
In an attempt to distract Eli from his crankiness, I turned on Seasme Street, which he loves in small doses. However, yesterday, he got a little too excited and insisted on climbing up to the TV with the hopes of watching and licking it at the same time. I remember as a kid constantly being told not to sit too close to the TV because it was bad for my eyes (I now am blind, which could be because both of my parents are blind, or it could be because of my desire to, as my grandma put it, "sit on top of the television". Which one it is, I guess I'll never know). My mom and grandmother required that I sit next to the end of the piano, which was about three feet away from the TV. I fought them tooth and nail on this, and schooched up closer anytime they were away, but never did I want to sit close enough to lick the TV. I had to move Eli at least ten times from the face of the television. And he was not happy about that at all. I tried distracting him by sitting him on my lap. I knew that one wouldn't work, as he's not a sitting on the lap kind of kid. I tried giving him a bottle. Nope, all he wanted to eat was the TV. I tried giving him toys, but no toy could compete with Eli's desire to lick The Count trying to figure out the number of the day. After ten minutes of constantly prying Eli off the screen, I gave up and turned it off. This did not please Eli AT ALL. I think we're entering the beginning of real parenting. Before, we were caring for Eli, making sure he was fed, warm, and content. Eli could do pretty much anything he wanted because he couldn't do anything that was harmful. Now we have to discipline, which is taking some getting used to for us as parents and Eli. Let the fun begin!
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEN!!!! I can't wait until our super happy fun day of specialness tomorrow!! Sorry Eli, you don't get to come!
Post a Comment