Today I have reached my breaking point. Something has to be done about Eli and his lack of sleeping. His habits now are just not working, not only for me, but for him as well. Last night, it took him almost two hours to go to bed. And the same thing happened today when I put him down for a nap. I wrote Franz an email this morning saying:
Eli is still not asleep. He was all tired, and I know it, but as soon as I put him in his crib, its like there's and endless supply of speed and coffee in there that he consumes with the vigor of a rock star. It's killing me. ".
I've ordered some books at the bookstore and I am going to start sleep training him tonight. I need to. What would happen if he couldn't sleep and he could get out of his crib? We would be totally screwed if that happened. I would also like it if he could sleep when we go on our cruise this September. It would be nice if I could leave Eli over night with his grandparents and not have to freak out that he's keeping them up all night, because then they would never want to watch him ever again.
I am sad that I've waited this long to do something. I've used the excuse that he's underweight to feed him at night for too long. He's just going to have to learn to make up those extra calories during the day. I think that once he becomes a better sleeper, both of us will have a much higher quality of life.
Monday, June 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
He needs a game of tiddly winks.
Or sheep counting.
Post a Comment