I guess this is what Eli does in his spare time; he eats his crib. I suppose its like those fellows who, every night, chipped away at their jail cell wall with a spoon, hoping one day to escape. Eli's plan is similar, but instead of using a utensil, he's chewing his way out. Either that, or I need to invest in some better teething toys.
Today has been really hot. Eli's not much of a fan of the heat, as he has to sleep tucked in, and when its this hot, he can't sleep tucked in. You see his problem, which in turn, is my problem too. It took him over an hour to go to sleep this afternoon, and he only slept for an hour. This is opposed to the two and a half to three hour nap he usually takes. Frustration cannot even begin to explain what the both of us went through. It was like he had no idea that he was supposed to take a nap when I put him in his crib. He seemed to think it was an extension of play time. And yell time. During the first hour, he wasn't unhappy at all. He thought we were playing a really great game, and I suppose we were. And the reason he was so happy was that he was winning said game. But in the end, I prevailed. Sort of. When he only sleeps for an hour, it makes the rest of the day a little strange...I keep wondering when he's going to explode, and he keeps threatening to. Not fun. And it seems that he's currently of the understanding that we are playing the game right now. And we're at a draw because both of us are not very happy.
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow, that is pretty amazing!!
That is really amazing!!
Just think of it as ammo for when Eli is older! Mwa ha ha!!
Post a Comment