Tuesday, June 06, 2006

LET ME OUTTA HERE!


LET ME OUTTA HERE!
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
We got this baby cage for Eli's birthday party, just in case we wanted to corral the kiddies, but I have found that its useful for keeping Eli in a safe place while I clean. He doesn't seem to think its a good idea as he hates it with the passion of a street preacher at a rock concert. If he could hold up a giant sign telling me that I'm going to go to hell if I don't let him out and yell at me through a bull horn, I'm sure he would.

One of the reasons he's so against being corraled is that as of late, Eli's been rather clingy. He gets all pissy every time I leave the room, and is perfectly happy having me carry him around, which is unheard of. Eli was never that way. He always seemed like he had something better to do than hang around with me. Like lick the wheels of his stroller. And eat cat food. And spin the globe, you know, cool stuff.

His clinginess was most obvious yesterday when I took him to the doctor to get his twelve month shots. We waited forever in the exam room, and before he loved sitting on the table playing with the protective paper, but yesterday, he wanted nothing to do with it. And this was before the shots. I didn't get it. He just wanted me to hold him. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled to hold him, but its kind of like when there's a cat that normally tries to violently attack you that now wants to sit on your lap and purr. You're elated that the cat wants to hang out with you, but still a little weirded out because you keep expecting it to claw your eyes out.

Eli had two shots and this time, they really hurt him; it broke my heart. I would gladly trade places with him. He cried for a little bit afterwards, but once we were in the car, he was fine. What a trooper.

No comments: