Quite a lot has happened since I last posted. For one, I should really have my own psychic hotline, as I was right about Eli wanting to eat his way out of his crib. But Eli being the smart little cookie he is, found a better way out...he jumped ship. Believe it. Thursday night, I put him to bed, and as usual, he didn't go to sleep. But what was different about that night was the fact that he was quietly awake. I could tell that he was not sleeping, but he wasn't passionately blabbering to himself like he normally does. I thought that this was odd, but decided that maybe he found a new way to put himself to sleep, when suddnely, I heard a giant THUD on the floor, and then a half a second later, screaming through the baby monitor. I instantly knew what happened, and ran upstairs as fast as I possibly could, and there he was, flat on his belly, with his arms propping himself up a bit on the floor about a foot and a half away from his crib. I think he was more scared than anything else, because as soon as I scooped him up and gave him a bottle, he was fine. In fact, he was more than fine. He was chipper. He would look up at me, and start laughing, as if to say, "Holy Cow! I can't believe that worked.".
That night, for two reasons, I kept Eli up until Franz came home. One, I needed Franz to lower the crib (it is now at it's lowest setting. Prior to the great jump, it was at the second to lowest setting. There's about an inch and a half difference between the two, which Eli will make up in about a week...) and I didn't want Eli to go to sleep right away, just in case he hit his head. He was so thrilled with himself.
Let me see, the next biggie...Eli threw up in public for the first time yesterday. Kim and I were out for coffee, and he just barfed. I have no idea why. He had had nothing new that day, but the hotdog he had for lunch made a comeback in a big way. He threw up two more times (all over me...that was fun) but then was fine. It was so weird...I was afraid that he had death flu all over again, but he's been back to his normal self ever since. I don't know....I guess kids just randomly throw up sometimes. Or Eli shouldn't have hotdogs for a while. Or ever again.
Well, the last one, is Eli went to his first Giants game today. Sort of. We were under the impression that Eli would take a little nappy poo in the car on the way to the game, thus giving us a happy and refreshed Eli. Well, that didn't happen. When are we going to learn that whenever we expect Eli to sleep in the car, he won't? WHEN? When we got to San Francisco, Franz and I spent forever and a day looking for parking because the stupid parking lots were full, so we had to park on the street. We finally found parking, and walked about a mile to the ball game only to find out that Eli is now completely freaked out by random loud noise. Anytime anything happened, and the crowd reacted, Eli cried and climbed up me like a cat being chased up a tree. And let me tell you, random yelling and loud noises is what a baseball game is all about. I got up with him and walked around to see if that would help, but there was no place for us to hide from the loud noises. And this face you see here was what he looked like for the whole fifteen minutes we were at the ball park. We spent more time looking for parking than we did at the games, which was a mixed blessing because had the parking lots not been full, we would have had to pay $25 to park for fifteen minutes. Franz and I tried to justify leaving because the Giants were down 7-2, but while we were on our way home, we listened to the game on the radio and in the end, the Giants came back and won on a walk off home run. It would have been nice to see, but we went to the game with the mentality that if Eli is ready to leave the second we walk in there, we have no choice but to go. For now, he's the boss.
Saturday, June 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Eli hit a home run!
He needs a ladder out of his bed.
Jen this is very common. I know for a fact that my brother did that at that age and screamed his head off. Eli is just naturally courious(sp) and wants to see what would happen if he did something. Good thing you have that baby monitor.
Post a Comment