Yesterday I picked up the sleeping books, and read through most of what applied to our situation. It took Eli a little over an hour to finally fall asleep, but during the night, things started to change. For one, he didn't wake up until 3:40 to eat. He hasn't slept this long in fwhat seems like forever. As of late, he's been in the habit of waking up by 1:00 or 2:00 at the latest. But last night, he randomly slept longer. I gave him a bottle (minus one ounce, so slowly phase out the need of a bottle altogether) and left the room. He drank it, talked to himself a little, but was back to sleep around 4:00. I, on the other hand, took much longer to go to sleep. I was so anxious about him waking up, that it took me over thirty minutes to go back to sleep.
Now, if that was the only change, I would have said that that was a success. But it wasn't! Eli slept until 7:30 without waking up! I, for the first time maybe EVER, woke up before him. I was stunned. I was elated. I almost wanted to go in and wake him up. Almost.
I don't know if this was a freak accident, because I really didn't get a chance to do things differently, other than give him one less ounce of milk. But it would be nice if things continued in this direction. Having said that, I know that tonight will be a nightmare. But I hope not.
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I guess he's decided He'd better listen to Mom! Your doing a great job ! Love ,Grandma
Keep up the good work!!
Post a Comment