Today Eli and I met Galen and Julie at the San Francisco Zoo. It was a beautiful morning, and we all had a great time. Eli's starting to sort of "get" the animals, which is cool to see. I think his favorite was the penguins, because he could see them swimming. Let me take that back, his favorite by far was Galen yelling out "Water! Water! Water!" at the penguins. We could have had this back at home, without driving an hour each way, but I still think he got something out of being at the zoo with all the animals.
We only stayed a little under two hours because I desperately wanted Eli to have a good nap today. He slept like a newborn last night, which is to say that neither of us got much sleep at all. I almost decided to skip out on the zoo, but changed my mind because I knew being out with Eli would be better than being home with him. And, as it turns out, for once in my whole life, I was right. He wasn't fussy or cranky. The rest of the day remains to be seen.
Friday, June 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Was there a farm animal petting zoo attached?
Remind eveyone that Eli has his own Pig waiting to meet him here in Wa.. Yes , a pony ,horse too.!
Maybe even a trained seal to boot eh Killian?
Post a Comment