Wednesday, February 08, 2006

My new favorite Eli picture


My new favorite Eli picture
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
Thank you Kim for taking this awesome picture; Eli's expression cracks me up!

Today, Eli and I went to Target, where for the first time, he sat in the cart like a big boy. He had the best time grabbing just about everything in sight. We were walking through the women's nightgown section, and I had to pry his slobbery little hands off a red silky nightgown he snagged. You know, I'm just going to leave that one alone.

After Target, we went for a walk with Kim in Montara. Our reason for walking there (other than seeing Kim's green wall, which looks really great!) was that I saw a listing for a house there and was slightly interested, but it seems like the listing might be old because there wasn't a For Sale sign, and in the pictures online, the house was empty, but when we walked by, the house was clearly occupied. I was a little disappointed, as I had dreams of living there, having Kim, Sonny, and Amanda as neighbors, and Eli having the opportunity to have little buddies that could walk to our house without running the risk of being killed on a highway. ANYWAY, a girl can dream.

A little about this picture: Kim gave Eli an orange, which he loved batting around. At first, we tried using it as bait, but stopped after it was obvious that Eli could only do the stationary crawl stroke. After the failed attempt, I sat Eli up, and Kim rolled the orange by him, and he, with his cat like reflexes, grabbed the orange mid roll. Kim and I were amazed and impressed, so of course we tried doing it again, but apparently, it was a one shot deal and Eli was over it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to take credit for being an awesome photographer, but it's really just that Eli is so cute! His eyes are so big in this picture - he looks like a cartoon! There were no lights on in "your" house when I drove by last night, maybe there's still hope?! I have dreams of you guys as neighbors, too! That would rock! And Eli could walk over and I could make him cookies...and then I would get to eat cookies!

Anonymous said...

So Eli found a Minute Maid in a red shorts?