Saturday, February 25, 2006

Eli went to jail


The start of Eli's Botany career
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
Yesterday, Eli and I visited my old work, Camp Glenwood. We couldn't bring a camera, well, because its a jail. But it was ok to bring a baby. Go figure.

Eli got to meet all of my old coworkers, whom I miss quite a bit. There is somewhat of a tradition at Camp, which is whenever there's a nice day, to make a community salad, which is never disappointing. Eli chewed on some avacado and a bagel, which made him very happy. To top it all off, not only did I have a very yummy lunch, I actually got to eat it in peace, as all the teachers couldn't get enough of Eli, and held him the entire time I was there.

I was fortunate to get to hear a "camp" story, of which I'll share with you. These stories are what made it so much fun to work there. One of the new probation officers was in the section (where the guys sleep) when a kid picked up a bible off the bookshelf, flipped through it for a minute, and then used it to hammer in a nail. If that isn't symbolism, I don't know what is.

My old job is opening up again, and they all tried to convince me to come back, which was flattering and tempting, but I know in my heart that home with Eli is where I'm needed most.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw!!!!!!!! How awsome is that!