I realize that with the story I'm about to tell, that I should've put a happy picture up, but every time Eli's smiling and I whip out the camera, that stupid orange light insults him and his smile jumps ship.
Yesterday was the first time Eli reacted to making me laugh. He now laughs when you laugh, not that laugh that you do when you don't get the joke but don't want to admit it, but a genuine laugh, like he's happy that everyone else is having a good time.
But yesterday, it seemed like he wanted to make me laugh. I was giving him a bath, and he was laying on his back on my belly, and he was splashing all over the place, and I started to laugh. He would turn around and look at me, and this time, keep a straight face, and keep doing it. I tried not laughing, and he stopped. I started laughing again, and he continued. I was so thrilled! He notices other people and wants to make them happy(in this case, me!).
Of course, I could be forcing all of this on him, and he could not care about anyone else at all, but you know what? I'll take what I can get.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment