Sunday, October 09, 2005

Pumpkin Patch Time!


Eli and Dad at the pumpkin patch
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
Eli had a really busy day yesterday! He went to swimming class and as usual, had a great time. After that, we met up with our friends Misty and Scott and their three and a half year old daughter Taylor, to go to the pumpkin patch. We went through a straw maze, picked out pumpkins, and played in straw pits. Considering the circumstances, Eli did very well. Eli went the whole day with just a small morning nap, which is not something I would recommend.

I was a smarty, and locked my keys in my car. Thankfully, Misty and Scott's truck (which was one of those huge things with the extra long cab, and its not a Ford. Scott would want you to know that.) had an extra carseat and they were able to take us back home to get the spare key.

By the time we left the pumpkin patch, Eli lost it. He was just too tired and screamed all the way home. Every time I looked at him, he looked at me like, "You know how to fix this. Why aren't you doing anything? WHY???".

When we got him home, I fed him, and put him in his bed and he smiled at me as if to say, "I knew you'd come through. You know lady, you're not so bad.".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, look at those hanging gourds.