Tuesday, October 18, 2005

He's already locking me out!


Eli in his Harley gear
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
Boy did we have a little scare this morning! I had put Eli down for his mid-morning nap, but he really wasn't having it, even though he was demonstrating all the signs of being tired, ie, rubbing his eyes, yawning, and being a total crank butt.

After I put him in his crib I shut his door and went downstairs and turned on the monitor. After about ten minutes, he woke up screaming. I went up with the intent to soothe him back to sleep, but to my dismay, his door was locked. I guess before I put him to bed I had had his door open right against the wall, which pressed the little button on the door knob in, causing it to lock. I, of course, was neither cool, calm or collected, as Eli was screaming at full force and I couldn't get to him. So I screamed for Sona to help me. Thankfully her cat locks her bathroom door all the time so she knew how to open it.

When I finally got to Eli, he was screaming so hard that there was no way I was going to soothe him back to sleep, so we got up and jumped. Like I always say, jumping makes everything better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuter every day!

Anonymous said...

You guessed it the non speller.