Thursday, October 06, 2005

Everyone has their phobias....


Crosseyed and crazy
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
Well, this is embarassing, for me now, and I suppose for Eli later. I, again, went to Target. Two days in a row, shamefull, I know. But this time I wasn't alone, which makes it better, as Lisa, Hailey accompanied Eli and me.

Anyway...I was a dodo and forgot to bring diapers, so Eli did what was appropriate, and he pooped. But, Target being the greatest place on earth, had diapers to save me. So, after chasing Hailey (who was running in shoes with the little bungie string tying them together, so damn cute) down several shoe isles, and trying not to buy every outfit they had on sale, I finally was able to get Eli in the bathroom to change him. The Target bathroom is quite large; it has at least ten stalls and there was quite a bit of foot traffic. I put Eli on the changing table and started cleaning him up. He was quite happy at this point, all smiles and giggles. Then, out of nowhere, he would scream and and shake. I would get him to calm down, and a few seconds later, the screaming would start up again. I couldn't figure it out. It wasn't like he was in a bad mood or fussy, because when he's like that, there's no way of getting him to be happy baby again until he eats or goes to sleep. It was so weird. Then I figured it out. I felt like Columbo. Eli was afraid of the toilets flushing. It freaked him out; he thought his world was ending. I felt so bad! I just wish that I could've explained that it was just the toilet (or many toilets) and that he was going to be just fine and he had nothing to worry about. Poor little guy! I hope this doesn't effect potty training!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No problemo. Just get him to go out in the yard. Works for me.