Saturday, October 29, 2005

He may look like his dad, but he sure eats like his mom!

Today Eli ate his first solid food! I was reading in one of our baby books that at five months you can start giving your baby rice cereal (I tried giving him rice before, but that time I made it really thin and put it in a bottle and Eli hated it). My doctor is pretty conservative and advises that you give babies solids at six months, but I couldn't wait.

I have to say that this picture is a misrepresentation of what really happened. Eli LOVED it. I couldn't feed him fast enough. As soon as I took the spoon out of his mouth, he was whining for more and if I didn't feed him fast enough, he would shove his plastic bib in his mouth. However, by the time I got the camera, he had hit his limit and was no longer in a very good mood. But, take my word for it, he was one very happy camper. Now I have to go out and buy a high chair!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he is ready for rice, he is ready for rice products---like Sake.

Anonymous said...

I sure hope CPS doesn't stumble upon this site....then Eli'll never get to visit grandpa!

Anonymous said...

Another socialist organization that that pushes paperwork and "makes work" to survive. Arni is right, gotta cut gov't in CA.

Anonymous said...

Yay, how cute! I had a great time watching his swimming lesson yesterday! I knew you wouldn't be able to hold out on real food for another month!

Anonymous said...

Pizza and beer has lots of nutrition. I guess we have stopped drinking beer around here.