Yesterday, Eli, Kim, Sona and I went to the park. Eli no longer adores swinging, as at this park, there's the structure with wheels on it that he's addicted to. He spun that wheel for over an hour. We all tried reaching out our hands and asking him if he wanted to swing or go down the slide, but he just swatted us away and continued spinning.
On said play structure, there are multiple wheels, but Eli's very loyal to one of them in particular. He prefers it when I spin the other wheel, because a still wheel is blasphemy. However, as we found out, not just anyone can spin the wheel. Another little boy about Eli's age stumbled up the structure and wanted to spin. According to his grandma, he is also additcted to spinning. Eli saw this boy manhandling his wheel, stopped his own spinning session, toddled over to him and touched him on the face. Really, he wanted to shove him down the stairs, and I don't know what stopped him, but whatever it was, I was thankful. But all of us could see it in his eyes, he wanted that kid GONE. Fortunately for Eli, this kid FREAKED OUT when Eli touched him and wanted to leave. Perhaps Eli knew that just a little face touch was all that was needed to get his universe back in order. Whatever the case, Eli got what he wanted.
Since we'd been at that particular spot for over an hour, I decided to pack up and go so the other little boy could spin without having to worry about being mauled. Eli wasn't too happy with this plan, but got over it once we got him in the truck where he wasn't expected to share anything. I'm a little scared to see what kind of older brother he might be. Then again, I'm also a little scared to see what kind of only child he would be. Neither look easy.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Got to teach him to say, "put up your dukes".
Happy, Happy, Happy.
Post a Comment