Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Shave and a haircut...


Army's newest member
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
Yesterday, Eli got his second hair cut. I didn't think it was possible, but Eli freaked out even more this time than he did several months ago during his first hair cut. The second his butt hit the chair, he screamed, and he kept it up during the entire haircut. I tried everything: singing "You are My Sunshine" (which usually calms him down. Apparently he can't hear), giving him milk, giving him a sucker, pointing out the celing fan (which NEVER fails, but did this time) and holding him. Nothing worked. He was dead set on hating every second of it. And he succeeded. I asked the hair stylest to cut it really short so we wouldn't have to come back so soon. This is why he looks like this, not because I have an affection for toddlers who are just about to leave for boot camp.

Eli's been walking up a storm. This is not to say that walking is his main mode of transportation; he still goes back to his crawling roots whenever he REALLY needs to get somewhere. But he's giving walking the old college try, taking up to five or six steps at a time, and he tries walking often. I have such mixed emotions about this. On the one hand I'm terrified of him walking because that means he'll take off and I'll never find him again. But on the other hand, every time he takes a wobbly step, my heart just fills with pride.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have alot to be proud of . Keep it up Eli! Yeah!

Anonymous said...

Does he have the "boot camp stomp" down yet?

Anonymous said...

Does he have to say "boo yah" or is it "ooo rah"?

Anonymous said...

Ah, but I bet he likes those RediMeals!