During the past few days, Eli's been changing like crazy. He's walking so much more and he's picking up new words. He now says "key". I was trying to think of all the words he says, and I was suprised at how many there were. So far, there's:
fan
clock (but its more like claw)
key
cat (more like ca)
duck (duh)
dog (da)
He knows more than he says at this point. Notice the lack of Momma or Dadda. We're not nearly as important as fan or clock. But yesterday, he did say Kim. Kim was over, and he was taking a bath, and we were trying to teach him how to say her name, and it started off like "Keh" and then it morphed into "im". And then he looked down at the little boat he was playing with and said clear as day, "Kim", in a tone that let us know that he finally got it. He hasn't said it since.
Today, he and I went swimming. Carly, his normal teacher, wasn't there, and that threw him all off. He loves her. Eli flirts with her like no one else, and when she wasn't there, his whole world was turned upside down. He didn't like going under water anymore, he splashed a lot less, and he wasn't nearly as vocal as he usually is. Poor little guy...it was obvious he was a little heartbroken.
Saturday, August 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
No dunkin donuts and brewskis?
I can't believe he said my name, that was so awesome! I am proud of both of us for not crying...although we did both have to not make eye contact or talk for a minute! I just adore that little guy and I am so happy that I get to spend so much time with him as he grows.
Post a Comment