Yesterday, Sona, Eli and I ran all over the place. It was one of those days where you set out with this list of things to do, and are totally convinced you'll never get it all done. But we did. And to top it all off, Eli was a saint.
First, we visited Lisa and Hailey. Eli was pretty excited to play with toys and animals that weren't his. And Hailey shares better than any other kid I know; she's a sweetheart. They didn't really play together, but they did shake hands for a while and I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture of that.
Lisa and Hailey have a new puppy, Rocco. He is massive, but has the best temperment. He was awesome around Hailey and Eli, and I had no worries about leaving Eli near him. It almost makes me want to get another puppy. Almost.
After visiting Hailey and Lisa, we went to the mall to get some shopping done. To my suprise, there was a toddler play space, and even though we were short on time, Sona and I were happy to let him play there for a bit. It was there that I got a glimps of my future. I saw a mom running down the mall with tears in her eyes while hearing another mom tell her that her son was ok and someone found him. Apparently her son, who couldn't have been more than three, had been gone for fifteen minutes, and upon hearing that, I got goosebumps. I instantly turned to Eli, who was spinning (suprise, suprise) something and told him, "DON'T EVER DO THAT." with the hope that this will stick with him and he'll obey and never ever take off like that. He took his eyes away from the spinny thing for about a half a second and looked at me as if to say, "Sure mom" and then went back to spinning. But I'm not stupid, I know that one day, Eli's going to run off (damn Franz and his running genes!) when I'm not looking and I'm going to freak out. All I can hope for is that it doesn't last longer than three seconds.
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a good boy!! Just no freaking out your Mom thats not a good thing.
Running Jeans or running shorts?
Post a Comment