Because we've been sick, Eli and I have been stuck inside for way too long. Although I'm not feeling better, Eli is, and he's demanding that we get out of the house and get some fresh air. He makes it pretty clear...at home he's super cranky and as soon as we go out somewhere, he's fine (for a while as you will soon see...). He just enjoys a little change of scenery.
I decided that I would take him for a walk on the coastal trail. It's a path right along the beach that's stroller friendly.
Halfway through the walk, Eli decides to throw a huge fit. I try giving him a bottle, and that ties him over for a few minutes, but then he's back to screaming again. So much for a relaxing walk.
As we are almost back to the car, we come across a couple walking their dog. I force a smile to the couple, and the woman says to me, "Someone doesn't sound happy." My nerves are pretty much shot at this point, and it took all that I had to stop from saying, "Really? I had no idea that my son, who has been screaming at the top of his lungs for the last twenty minutes, is unhappy. Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. You have been most insightful."
Friday, September 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Man, who turned the TV sideways?
Post a Comment