First off, there wasn't much sleep to be had this weekend, at least not by me. And I will try to make this as coherent as possible, but please forgive me if it doesn't make any sense. I haven't slept and stringing thoughts together is as hard for me right now as it for Max to sleep through the night.
Saturday, Eli had swimming, and for the first time in forever, I got to swim with him. He is such a good swimmer now, but gets really bored with swim class, so he screws around. He's by far the best swimmer in the group, and that is all due to him being in the class since he was three months old. But the drawback is that its pretty much the same class since he was three months old, so he's kind of over it. So he fills his time there doing this kind of death roll corkscrew thing in the water which drives both Franz and me nuts. He's capable enough to go to the next class up, but they won't take him until he's three. Quite annoying.
Anyway, after class was over, Eli and I went in the changing room, and as I was changing him, I noticed that he was acting a little weird, so I asked him if he had to go to the potty. Now, the potty is a sensitive subject here. Eli is very adverse to going to the potty. I don't know what the hold up is, but he has no interest what so ever in making that next step. Before I had Eli, I once heard a toddler tell his mother, "Mommy, change my butt, I have poop." and I thought, well if that kid is old enough to make a demand like that, he's too old for diapers. Well, Eli does the same thing. Thanks karma. He demands that we change his diaper, but he is quick to change the subject whenever we suggest that he go use the toilet.
Well, this time was different. I asked if he wanted to use the potty, and he said yes! So I rushed him to the toilet, and his first reaction was to tell me that he really didn't have to go, but I insisted that he sit there and try. I told him to tell the peepee to come out, which he did. And he's so serious with that suggestion that its hard for me to keep a straight face. Well, to make a really long story short, he went. I was so proud, and so was he. We walked back into the changing room and told everyone in there, and all the moms congratulated him. Now, he hasn't gone since, but I figure its a start.
Later that day, Franz took Eli to Ano Nuevo to see the elephant seals. I don't know if any of you remember Saturday, but it was rather cold and rainy. Originally, when Franz bought the tickets to go like three weeks ago, Max and I were supposed to go. But I decided to stay home because I couldn't justify taking a seven week old baby on a two and a half hour tour in the wind and rain to see elephant seals that he would never remember. Franz said that Eli hung in there for a good hour, but after that, the cold and rain got to him and he shivered and cried through the rest of the tour. Franz felt pretty guilty about the whole thing.
Franz made it up to Eli by taking him to a race on Sunday. It was a half marathon in San Francisco, and the first six thousand people got a medal. Franz rigged up the jogger so that Eli was snuggly and warm inside. Eli loved every minute of it, and when he got his medal, he told everyone that he got it because he won the big race. And boy does he love that thing. He wore it all day yesterday. He slept with it last night. In fact, he's wearing it right now. Franz is so proud.
Monday, February 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment