Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shots and music boxes


Dude, your fly is down
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o
Monday, Max had his two month appointment. He weighs 13lbs 5oz and is 23 inches long. He has grown so much! The appointment itself was awful. We were scheduled to see the doctor at 2:00. All the right stars must have been aligned because I wasn't only on time, I was early, and that never happens anymore. However, despite my best efforts, we waited for almost forty five minutes before the doctor came to see us. Do you know how horrible it is waiting in a doctor's office with an infant and a two year old? I was going nuts trying to think of stuff to entertain Eli with, while trying to keep Max calm and happy. It got to the point where I just let Eli go through all the doctor's drawers because he was going so stir crazy. I figure if they are going to leave me in there for that long, they deserve to have their stuff rifled through by a toddler. Its only fair.

Max did a great job though, even through the shots. I had this delusion that shots the second time around would be easier, but I was wrong. It's still horrible. Max screamed so hard each of the four times he was poked, and with each poke, it broke my heart. Poor Eli hid under one of the counters, because he wasn't convinced that this wasn't going to happen to him next.

Max didn't have any major side effects. Wait, no, he did have one. He slept through the night last night. Nine whole hours in a row. It was beautiful, except my body has been trained to wake up when he wakes up, so I woke up every three or four hours. In order to keep whats left of my sanity, I have to tell myself that this is only because of the shots, and that my nights will soon go back to stints of sleep no longer than four hours at a time. I cannot take the disappointment of hoping for normal sleep and then not getting it. That is just a little too much for my little soul right now.

Last Friday, I took the boys over to Nani and Grandpa Ravi's house so they could watch them while I went to the gym. Max didn't fair too well, and I think he screamed pretty much the whole time. Sorry guys. Eli, I was told, was a total saint. And I think he would have had to have been pretty awful in order to over shadow his screaming brother. Anyway, he found a music box there, and he hasn't put it down since. He's not so much into the music. Its all the gears and cogs and spinny things that really catch his attention. He winds it up, and watches everything spin. I wonder if there are make your own music box kits out there. He would love that. I should look into it.

As of late, I've been trying to go on walks when the weather is nice. I also like to include a trip to the park for Eli during these walks too. And it always shocks me that after being in the jogger for at least an hour, the only thing he wants to do at the park is swing. I would think that after sitting for all that time that he would, oh, I don't know, not want to sit back down, but I am always wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love the look on Jen's face.

Beth