Sunday, February 10, 2008

Day of fun!


Max's 1st smile on camera!
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o
Today was an all around beautiful day. First off, little Max here slept a whopping five hours in a row for the first time ever. I felt so refreshed. I can't even imagine what it will be like when I get a whole six hours in a row. A girl can dream.

We took Eli to swim class, and he did really well. He swam more than halfway across the pool by himself, all under water, and he held his breath the whole time. This is because Eli has yet to pick up on the art of taking a breath when he swims. As of now, he can only swim as far as his first breath will take him. I imagine he'll be all over the place once he learns to breathe, either that, or he'll develop lungs the size of a water bed.

After swim class, we met up with Nathan, Sarah, Katie, and Carlos for lunch and a trip to Natural Bridges to see the Monarch Butterflies. Right now, its the end of the migration season, and we only saw a handful of butterflies. Eli kept pointing up and yelling, "Look! Butterfly!" all the while looking straight at you. I'm not sure what he thinks a butterfly is.

While the butterflies were a disappointment, the beach was a blast. First off, the weather yesterday was just beautiful. Down at the beach, there was a small creek, and it was nice enough for us to take Eli and Katie's pants off, so they play in the water. Eli and Katie ended up playing where some older kids, oh say 9-11, were damming up the stream, and somehow, Eli and Katie managed to scare them off, so they had the whole pool of water to themselves. Katie really enjoyed eroding the dam by pouring water over it and watching all the older kids' hard work wash away. Eli pretty much just stuck to splashing around.

While Eli and Katie were playing in the water, Max and I sat on the beach and enjoyed the weather. Max was fussy part of the time, but when I sat him down on my lap, he calmed down, and even started to smile. And though he has smiled before, this was the first time we caught it on camera.

On the way home yesterday, Franz and I were talking about what a great day we just had. Our day was by no means easy, in fact, it was pretty hard at some points, but it was still really great. We came to the realization that it would probably be a really long time before we get to have an "easy" day, but that's ok. This is what we signed up for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like mom had a great day but not such a great night that just comes with being a mom I suppose.