Monday, February 18, 2008

Night and Day

Holy cow, last night was awesome. Max only woke up once, and that was after sleeping for almost six whole hours in a row. I really hope that this is a trend and not some mean trick to tease me with a decent night's sleep and then to go back to getting up a twice a night, coupled with long stints of Max being awake. That would be cruel.

Max has four basic modes: sleeping, screaming (my least favorite), smiley giggly (my favorite), and eating. He's starting to display traces of a personality now, which is so much fun to see. He's quite the Momma's boy, which secretly makes me very happy. For example, yesterday we were at Nani and Grandpa's house and Nani was holding a very screamy Max. I walked in the room, and said something, and Max turned towards me, and stopped screaming. That lasted a few seconds and then he started up the screaming again. I took him, and he went silent. It felt like I had magical powers, or his only source of food, which ever.

Eli, on the other hand, is Mr. Independent. All of us went to a pot luck party for Franz's running group on Saturday, and the second we walked in the door of this house that we had never been in, Eli took off and went exploring. And any time someone new came in the door, he was there to ask them their name and see what kind of food they brought. It really looked like he was the one hosting the party.

Also, to Eli's great surprise, we bought a new vacuum. He loves that thing, and follows me around the house, watching all the dirt swirl around in it's base. He feels its his responsibility to turn it on and off, and should anyone else dare to operate his precious vacuum, they will find themselves in a world of pain, as Eli instantly screams, "I JUST HAVE TO DO IT!" over and over again all the while flailing around on the floor. So its just easier to let him turn the darn thing on. This is one battle I'll give him. When he's older and he wants to borrow the car, I'll just have to remind him that I don't owe him any favors, because he used them all up when I let him turn on the vacuum. I'm sure he'll see the logic in that one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but he is a cute little dear isn't he.

Beth