Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Eli and Max-isms

Eli-isms

He's really into doing pretty much everything by himself. Here are a few things that I'm no longer allowed to do:

Open or close the garage. In fact, I often use this as punishment for when he's not listening. It goes something like this: "Eli, if you don't listen, I'll have to close the garage because boys who don't listen don't get to open the garage." And this usually gets his attention. I sound pretty weird when I have to threaten this out in public though.

Turn on or off the shower. Hey, at least he knows the difference between the hot and cold water.

Put him in his car seat. He used to be a real pain about this one, screaming bloody murder and arching his back should I put him in, but he's gotten better about it. However, sometimes he takes forever to get in and Franz and I have to count to ten, and even then he thinks its a game and he joins us, and when we get to ten, he just keeps on counting. Apparently, we aren't as threatening as we would like to be on this one.


Max-isms

It seems that little Max here has a sixths sense as to when I'm about to eat. And he doesn't like it. Every time I sit to have a meal, he starts fussing and demands to be fed. I try to tell him that I need to eat if he wants to eat, but he doesn't get it yet.

He's been quite fussy lately, and that's not too much fun. He doesn't really like a pacifier, but he'll suck on your finger until it turns all red and wrinkly, which sometimes calms him down. If that doesn't work, holding him while doing the bouncy walk usually will do the trick.

He has yet to sleep through the night, but he only wakes up twice a night and usually goes right back to sleep, which is doable. For now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Talk about catching a wave!