A few weeks ago, Sona bought Eli some new fish. However, the problem with new fish is that for some reason they don't live too long, and they usually end up taking out at least one of our fish in the meantime. This time was no different. Sona bought two fish and two snails, and in the span of two weeks, we lost both new fish, two of our fish, and one of the snails. Needless to say, our little Eli here got his first lesson on death. When the first fish died, and of course it was the one he picked out, I decided to show him what happened. I took the no-longer-with-us Eyeball in the green fish net to the bathroom and called Eli over to show him what happens to little fishies who have passed. Eli came in, looked at Eyeball, and I told him in my most somber yet comforting voice, "Eli? See how Eyeball isn't moving, well, he got sick and he died."
Eli looked at his beloved Eyeball, and said matter of factly, "We have to put him in the potty." And then his eyes got all big and with a little jump, he excitedly asked, "Can I flush him!"
I suppose its a good thing he wasn't sad? I don't know...
Anyway, jump to last night. I was giving the boys a bath because, well, they were stinky and it helps them calm down before bedtime. I think I have mentioned the death rolls that Eli does in the water during swim class, and he started doing them in the tub. He informed me that they are called, "Spinach". So they are death rolls no more...they are Spinach.
After several bouts of Spinach, he became perfectly still and told me, "I'm dead. I'm dying." And I asked him if there was anything I could do to save him, and he said, "No. I'm dead." I said, "Well, ok, but I'll really miss you."
I guess in Eli's world, things only die when they're in water. I wonder how swim class will go this week...
In Max news, he has finally embraced the pacifier. We haven't been pushing it too much, and he would take it once every blue moon, but he never seemed to care too much about it. But over the last two weeks or so, he's become a lot more fussy and has some decent length bouts of crying that isn't a whole lot of fun to be around. And it was last night during one of those fussy fits that Franz got him to take the pacifier. It was wonderful; Max was awake and not screaming, which hasn't happened in way too long.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That pose reminds me of a certain little three year old in the late 1970's. I wonder why?
Beth
Wish I could be a blogger but the whole thing is just so complicated.
Post a Comment