Things have been going pretty well lately. Max has been sleeping much better (though not through the night yet). Though there was one incident that was so great. Yesterday, as I was changing Max, something happened that hasn't happened in quite some time. While I was in between diapers, he peed all over me. To be honest, I was surprised by the amount that came out, as my leg was soaked. And just to add to the experience, right after he finished emptying his bladder, he looked right at me and giggled, like he knew exactly what he was doing and he was so happy with how he perfectly he executed his plan. Cute kid, real cute.
Eli has been, well, Eli. He is so chatty. He gets super talkative when he's sleepy. The other day, we were driving to Nani and Grandpa's house, and Eli hadn't had a nap yet. He would not stop talking. Now, it is well known that Eli only takes naps in the car. When we go on one of our "drives" I tell him its "quiet time" and he usually complies with me and stops talking, which leads to him eventually falling asleep. Well, on this trip. We told him it was quiet time, and he retorted with, "NO! IT IS NOT QUIET TIME." and then Franz told him in his most authoritative voice, "YES IT IS QUIET TIME." And this went on for seven or eight rounds, which ironically, was not quiet at all. Franz then pulled out the big guns and, get this, told Eli, "IF YOU DON'T BE QUIET, I WILL PULL THIS CAR OVER." I couldn't contain myself. I was fortunate enough to have the seat in front of Eli so he couldn't see me silently crack up. And Franz followed through, and pulled over. Eli wasn't as threatened by the car stopping as much as he was threatened by Franz being mad at him. Though I could tell Franz had a hard time keeping up the "mean dad" demeanor.
Eventually, Eli stopped talking and he fell asleep. And as soon as he did, Franz said, "He's definitely your son." And I said, "Yeah, and we're going to have so many parent teacher conferences where they tell us that Eli won't stop talking in class and he's a distraction to the other kids. I know, because I was that kid."
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Don't worry its just called parenthood part dos!
Beth
Ya mean Dos Equis? Need that for parenthood! Anon
No Dos Equis Killian. Cerveza!!
Sorry Jen just putting up with you know who again what a pain.
No pain, no gain. Or is that no pain, no game?
Post a Comment