The past few days have been mighty busy for Eli. Thursday, Eli, Sona and I made the drive down to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Eli loves that place. He couldn't get enough of it. He loved the jellyfish (gel-ish) and trying to swim on the waterbed thing in the toddler section. Like last time, he ran around exclaiming, "WOW!" at the top of his lungs. Its nice to know that there are some constants in life. My only wish is that we didn't have to spend four hours in the car every time we visited there, because at the end of the day, all of us were tired and a little cranky.
Yesterday, Eli went to his first gym class with Galen. Eli ran around and around, checking everything out. He didn't want anything to do with the trampoline or the huge jumper, but he did like the balance beam (I walked him across) and all the toys they had around. We will definately be going back. It is my goal as his mother that he will one day soon like to jump. This is all I ask for. At least, for now.
After a nap, Eli and I went for a walk in Palo Alto. I have this obsession with this little hole in the wall dim sum place, which serves the best sweet lotus seed buns, and since there's a park near by, I use Eli as an excuse to go there. We went to the park, but instead of running around and playing on the swings like he usually does when he's there, we found some sand toys that someone must have left behind. The toy in the picture was Eli's favorite by far. He could have played with that thing all night if I would have let him. He figured out that if you put the sand in the funnel, that it would make the wheel spin. This excited him to no end. I started putting handfuls of sand in, and he decided to try to spin the wheel in the other direction, which cause sand to fly EVERYWHERE. Poor Eli had sand all over his face, in his hair, and all in his mouth. He didn't mind, in fact, he thought the whole thing was pretty funny. It is now my mission in life to find one of these things and get it for him.
Saturday, October 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Now let's see, this handful of stuff goes here.....
Post a Comment