Today, Eli, Hailey, Lisa and I went to Lemos' Farm in Half Moon Bay. I had no idea how big that place was! Eli had a pretty great time, despite the fact that he freaked out when it was time to do any of the fun stuff.
First, he wanted nothing what so ever to do with the huge jumpers they had. I thought that since he's been all about jumping (well, not really jumping, he makes all the preperatory movements, like bending his knees into a squat, and putting his head down with a look of total concentration, but he never gets his feet off the ground), but as soon as I put him in there, he freaked out and tried to launch himself outta there. Hailey, on the other hand, loved every minute she was in there, and the only reason she stopped jumping was because there was a yellow jacket trapped inside. If it wasn't for that bee, she might still be in there.
Then, Lisa and I stood in line for fifteen minutes so the kids could ride the pony, and neither Eli or Hailey wanted anything to do with it. The sat them down on the pony's back, and it was as if there were tacks all over the seat; there was that much screaming. I didn't even have enough time to grab my camera to take a picture, they escorted them off so fast.
But I will have to say, both kids LOVED the goats. Lisa bought a cup full of goat chow, and Eli and Hailey took turns feeding them. I was pleased with how gentle the goats were, considering they all looked a little rabid.
After the farm, we all met up with Kim for lunch. Poor Kim. Eli sat next to her (we went to San Banito House, where they serve excellent sandwiches, but you have to eat them in a bar. When we first walked in, I thought to myself, "Why don't they have any high chairs?" And then I realized it was a bar, and having high chairs at a bar would have been so much worse than having none at all.) and used her white shirt as a napkin, covering it with bits of turkey, mustard, avacado, and brownie. Sorry about that Kim. Anyway, while we were there, the best thing happened: Eli and Hailey were no longer interested in eating, so Lisa and I let them down to run around, and low and behold, they actually played together. This may not be such a big thing for Hailey because she's seven months older, but for Eli, that's huge. They chased each other around, and played peek-a-boo around the bar stools, proving yet again, that bars bring everyone a little bit closer.
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Need a pint of fermented guava juice.
Yeah, sheesh, he was just determined to get everything that went into his mouth also onto my shirt!! He and Hailey were SO cute together!! Much adorableness!!
For a toddler that is called having fun being messy and loving every mintute of it.
Post a Comment