Friday, October 06, 2006

Coffee and light shows


Putting up with Grandpa
Originally uploaded by pure_h2o.
Most mornings, Eli and Grandpa spend a little "quality" time together. Grandpa has Eli sit with him and look at whatever weird political websites he looks at, while Eli begs for sips of his coffee. To Grandpa's defense, he doesn't give him more than a little taste, but it sure looks like Eli enjoys it. I should probably do something about it, but I think I am powerless against the combination of Eli's will and Grandpa's selective hearing.

Because of the rain yesterday, we made it a stay at home day. Neither Eli or I do very well with this, but we made do. Eli ran laps around the house, torturing the dogs and cats while pointing out everything he could name. I got some much needed laundry done, despite Eli trying to run off with some just folded clothes from the hamper, or pulling out everything from our drawers and throwing it all over the place.

Eli has entered this new phase of constantly wanting you to turn on and off the lights. I know that this doesn't sound bad, perhaps its the constant bright to dark atmosphere, but it makes me want to throw myself into on coming traffic. And should you deny him his light show, you'll get a different kind of show, one starring a very violent and livid Eli. He throws himself on the floor in a fit of tears and screams bloody murder, all because you don't want to turn the desk lamp on. And you can't get away from it, because there're lights in EVERY ROOM, and he knows that and wants them turned on and off a million times. I just don't get it. Maybe he'll have a lucritive career in producing Pink Floyd laser shows, or devise a new way to torture prisoners of war through light manipulation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its called trying to test you, AKA Manipulation, to see how long it will take you to give in. So far looks like he's winning.

Anonymous said...

Give it a few more years Kid and you will think differently of Gramps.