Eli's been talking up a storm lately. He has added one more proper noun to his elite list (which was previously Daddy, Bazil, and Kim): Elmo. This morning Eli decided to get up at 4:25, and the only thing that I can do at that hour is sit on the floor and watch TV, so that's what we did. I put on an episode of Seasme Street, and upon watching it, Eli busted out with, "Elmo!" as clear as day. I didn't even say Elmo's name, nor did any of the characters on the show; Eli just recognized him. I was so impressed, well as impressed as someone can be at 5 in the morning.
Later in the day, we met up with Kim for lunch. Eli was a total angel. I brought his Elmo slippers (which I dug out from the bottom of his toy box because they haven't seen the light of day in months, but now that he knows and loves Elmo, he didn't want to part with them.) which kept him entertained. But they didn't work long enough for us to order the fried banana wantons with chocolate fondue dessert. Someone next to us ordered it and it looked darn tastey. Maybe next time.
After lunch, we went to the park, and for the first time, Eli played and played on the slide. Yes, this was the park without a wheel, which probably had something to do with it, but whatever. He had a good time. Eli was a little non-conventional, and kept flipping over on his stomach while he was going down the slide and cracked himself up every time. I hope that he never looses the ability to make himself laugh.
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Waaaah!!! I'm going to miss you!!! Have a great trip! I cannot believe all the stuff Eli is starting to pick up now! He's going to be saying like a million more things by the time you guys get back! And I say we skip lunch next time and just go straight for the banana marshmallow chocolate fondue things, YUM!! HAVE FUN, I'LL MISS YOU!!
Already miss you ! GrandMa
Post a Comment