When we came back from Alaska, Grandpa Ravi met us at the airport with a "Bath Time Elmo" for Eli, which came with a bath appropriate Elmo and three crayons made of soap. I thought that Eli would be all over the Elmo, but I was wrong. The crayons totally stole the show. Last night, I gave Eli a bath and he went to town with those crayons. I have tried giving Eli regular crayons in the past to draw with, but he didn't really get it as he thought that their sole purpose was to be shoved in his mouth. But this time, I didn't even need to show him what to do; he instinctivly knew how to scribble all over the tub. To my suprise, he didn't stick to one color. He used all three colors to complete his art work.
When Franz called me to let me know that he was on the way home, I told him about Eli's artwork. He asked, " Did it look like a bunch of scribbles?" To which I replied, "Well, yeah. What do you expect? The Mona Lisa?".
In other news, we went to the doctor for his 15 month shots. Apparently, Eli is starting to retain information pretty well, as he FREAKED OUT when he saw the nurse (she's the one who gives the shots) and we had a tough time getting him weighed and having his head measured. However, Eli was a total charmer when the doctor came in. I told him earlier in the day that we were going to see the doctor, and he started repeating me, "Doctor?", like he knew the word all along. Anyway, I got him to say doctor in front of the doctor, and she was quite impressed. The doctor told us that Eli was a lean boy, which is no suprise. He weighs 21lbs and is 31 inches tall. He's in the 50th percentile for height, and in the bottom 5th for weight, which is perfect for the grown ups, as it would suck to have a really heavy baby to lug around. Thanks, son for helping us out on that one.
The real freak out came at the end of the visit when it was time for the shot. A different nurse came in to give it, and suprisingly, Eli was fine. She let me hold him on my lap while she gave him the shot, and he only cried for a half a second, while the needle when in. Then it was all over, until she took a peek at his chart and saw that he needed two shots, not one. She left and after a minute or so, came back with the second shot and the other nurse. This time, she wouldn't let me hold him, but instead, had me hold his arms, the first nurse hold his legs, while she gave him the shot. Eli was not a fan of this at all. He screamed bloody murder, not so much because of the shot, but because he was being held against his will, which is stronger than oak.
I am happy to report that he's doing fine, and is showing no negative reaction to the shots. Thank god.
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ah ha, we have real abstract art. Can't tell if it is kidi porn then.
A Yorgastuffi is created. Sign it and cut out part of the bath tub.
Just keep it for a momento and only use it when necessary when he is older. It's called "payback" for later on.
Post a Comment