Here is an update on Eli's favorite activities:
1. Pointing out fans, lights, and clocks where ever he goes. No matter where it is that we are, he's always on the lookout for those things. What's more is that he points them out to me before I see them. When he gets a little older, he'll be a champ at finding Waldo.
2. Turning the light switch off. He asks to be picked up by trying to climb up my leg whenever he sees a light switch. When he reaches his destination, he presses his index finger as hard as he can on the switch until it turns off. Then he points to the light that is no longer on and then about a half a second later he reaches for my hand to get me to turn it on again because he has yet to figure out that part on his own. But if he has me to do it, why should he?
3. Climbing the stairs whenever he gets the chance. If you look in the picture, you can see in the background the baby gate that is typically set up at the bottom of the stairs to block him from what he loves most. I don't have much of a problem with him going up the stairs, but he still hasn't figured out that if he leans back, he's going to take a very painful fall. Everyone in the house is trained to follow him up the stairs, and he's thrown himself back a couple of times now. I don't know if he would do that if we weren't right behind him, but I don't really want to test that out just yet.
4. Spinning pretty much anything that will move. He's still really into that. In fact, today Kim, Eli and I went out to lunch and it was taking longer than Eli liked, so he started to fuss. I flipped his stroller over, and he spun the wheels until it was time for us to go. I know it looks a little strange, but it sure beats him screaming.
5. Swinging at the park. He can't get enough of the swings. Whenever we go to the park, we always go to the swings first. I end up taking him out because I want him to play on the slides and other stuff too, but if I give him the opportunity to choose where we go, he always goes back to the swing.
6. Saying "Hi". He says this ALL THE TIME and to EVERYONE. There are different inflections, such as the soft and sweet "hi". There's the GIVE ME YOUR ATTENTION RIGHT NOW "hi". There's the flirty "hhhhiiiii". Everyone who knows him fears the day he learns to talk. We all know he'll never stop.
This is all I can think of right now, but I think I've gotten all the major stuff. Every day he's less and less of a baby and more of a little boy.
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Just wait until he says bye-bye.
Started to say, "where's my brewski".
I had a very nice conversation with Eli today . I heard a few of his ism's first hand ! If I could just get him to say GrandMa!
Don't worry he will say Grandma and anything else he will hear.
Post a Comment