I'm happy to report that Eli hasn't been doing much walking since Summer's birthday party. It makes total sense: he doesn't have a captive audience, so why bother? I think that if he knew that this secretly makes me constantly sigh with relief, he would act differently. But he doesn't know that, so I'm not going to tell him.
Eli's newest hobby is hitting me in the face. I don't really think he knows what he's doing, ie, he doesn't think he's hurting me, so why does he have to stop? I can't seem to get across to him that slapping me in the face isn't something I enjoy, let alone the fact that I hate it. I've told him sternly to stop, but he just keeps trying to hit me. The only solution I've found is to get up and leave. What else can I do?
Yesterday, Sona, Eli and I went to Ikea, and we all had a darn good time. They have a big basket with those plastic balls in it, and Eli loved playing around in there. He especially loved it when we burried him with them. We got him some wooden toys that he played with a bunch at the store, but somehow they lost their allure once they entered our house. Strange how that happens.
Has it been that long since I've posted? Monday, we went to our friend Debbie's house, and she has those wonderful little plastic letters on her fridge, and Eli busted a gut swatting them on to the floor. I've never heard him laugh like that. For more than five minutes, he laughed and laughed and laughend as we scrambled to get the letters off the floor and onto the fridge, only to be swatted onto the floor again. His little eyes even started watering because he was giggling so hard. I suppose we should get some of our own, but maybe they'll be just like the Ikea toys and our house will suck all the magic out of them. But we won't know unless we try!
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What a ham! At least it keeps him entertained for a while at least. Hope he doesnt eat the letters on the fridge but I bet they wind up with lots of slobber on them.
As for the face slapping, you just have to somehow let him know that its not okay. Again do not worry every baby does this at sometime or another.
Personally, I like the belly dancers at Ikea.
All right Killian!!!
Yeah thats enough Killian.
Post a Comment